OUGD603 - 2 - Live Brief - Black Moniker AW15 - Statement of intent

Subject matter
A live brief has been chosen for my Extended Practice, as it is current and close to the type of work that I wish to pursue.  The brief is for The Black Moniker Clothing Company, Autumn/Winter Collection Release, 2015. This should help to demonstrate that I have the ability to work at industry level and it is something that I can present within my portfolio and CV when applying for work. I already have experience of designing graphics for this company, and this particular brief will build on this, by providing the opportunity for me to lead the brief.


Practical development (media, productions, skills)
Work for this project includes branding, photography, editorial, video editing and web design.
Branding will be required for logo development; direction will be needed for both indoor and outdoor photo-shoots; editorial skills will be used for product shots, the creation of brochures and look books; for video editing, the ability to work with a video team to help with editing and to supply graphics will be essential; finally, web design will require skills such as the coding of a 5 plus page brochure website, hosted and up-dated by myself.


Contextual references
The target market for my graphic design work will be a young audience who are attracted to streetwear clothing.


Approaches to documentation
Brief progress will be documented regularly through blogging, finalising with design boards.


Reflection and evaluation
Opinions could be gathered from the clothing company who set the brief.  When the clothing is released, social media will help to provide an understanding of the opinions of the target audience. I will also write my own evaluation when the project has been finalised


Time scale

From starting the brief, all photoshoots, web design and promotional work has to completed within a two week period. Edits and promotional updates however, could be worked on further throughout the whole Autumn/Winter Season.

Monday 2 November 2015 by James Smith
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply