OVERALL / PERSONAL OUGD603 EVALUATION

OUGD603

Overall the OUGD603 module consisted of 11 briefs and a 10+ days work experience at Rockfield Media, Bolton and Black Moniker, Manchester. The guidelines at the start of the year of 2 live briefs, 2 visiting profession briefs, 2 collaboration briefs and 2 competition briefs were all met and some where exceeded.

This module and the level 6 PPP have been the modules were I felt my work has benefited the most within as both these modules allowed the freedom to express my own interests and designs. The briefs I felt I excelled in are the Black Moniker briefs, as this involved my main interests and skill sets, therefore I felt more comfortable when designing and experimenting with new techniques. The BMX briefs were also a highlight for myself as these briefs were live briefs for a big clients and the work will exhibited all over Manchester city centre. This brief was a massive success as Rockfield Media won the pitch using the design which I produced while on my 10 day work placement.

As a designer, I defiantly prefer to work by myself rather than in a group as I can chose thework of my personal interests. However, by surround myself with other designs I get alongwith personally, group tasks were for more enjoyable this year.

I am happy with my submission and have a portfolio which I am proud of as it is at a levelwhere I am confident to show design studios. However, if I was to do this module again, I would create more physical designs, I sometimes I get to comfortable designing digitally and end with not a lot of physical designs, who are beneficial to show studios. This could always be improved on after the module has finished.

Monday 23 May 2016 by James Smith
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply